Friday, April 18, 2008

Awesome Teaser Trailer For Mamoru Oshii's Sky Crawlers

I've been stoked about this since I first saw the teaser image nearly a year ago. Well, there's a teaser trailer now, and it looks georgeous. Extremely detailed, great music, and combining 3 of my favorite things: WWII airplanes, alternate history, and anime.
follows the journeys and tribulations of a group of young fighter pilots involved in dogfight warfare, and is set during an alternate historical period.

Take a look-see:



BTW, I have NO idea what the subtitles are. I'll try to find out. Oh, the airplanes look an awful lot like a Kyushu J7W, which is freakin' sweet!



EDIT: OK, I don't know what's going on with the Twitch player. Is it cut off on the right hand side for anybody else?

2 comments:

Joshua "Doc" Wible said...

Wow, that was nice, very realistic looking, impressive. And yes, the right side of the screen is cut off.

Greatmoose said...

Dang it. I can't figure out how to fix it. I guess I'll have to find it on youtube instead. The Twitch one is much better quality, though. Pretty cool though, huh?