Saturday, April 29, 2006

Review of "United 93"

Over at Ace of Spades, there's a commentor review of "United 93". My guess is he's pretty much speaking for most of us:

I just got back from United 93. I went alone, following my plan to the letter.

My plan was to have 2 drinks before the showing as a bracer for what was to come. I had 4. (Crown Royal if it matters.)


I knew what was coming. I know how the movie ends. It's not enough.

45 minutes in, after everyone on screen knows it's a high jack, my jaw clenched.

50 minutes in, jaw still clenched, I start to mutter "MFer's, those MF'ers" under my breath.

60 minutes in, I start to tear up, along with the clenched jaw and MFer's under my breath.

70 minutes to the end the movie, I am sobbing. Not tearing up...sobbing. Not uncontrollably, just clenched jaw, MFing, sobbing.

You need to be ready for this movie. You need to see this movie.


Wow.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hey Moose, have you seen the movie yet? I want to go see it, but I don't think the wife will go along...
Later,
Daniel.