Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Left Behind Video Game

This is VERY interesting. There is an RTS (Real-Time Strategy) game based on the Left Behind series of books due to come out soon. A lot more info here.

While you will play the single-player campaign from the perspective of the good guys, the multiplayer will let you play as either side. This will raise some eyebrows among some of the game's audience, but Left Behind Games felt it was important to represent both sides in the game. Each person in the game has his or her own life story, which explains their choices in life and how they got to where they were.

From looking at the screenshots and reading the premise, this looks to be a very "real" game. By that I mean it won't have the watered-down, rainbows and ponies approach that most Christian-themed material has when it tries to break into the mainstream market. It actually looks kinda violent, and that's a good thing. It's about Armageddon, after all. I kind of look at most of the Left Behind as a good idea turned into a huge money-making scheme, but this may have some realy potential. We'll see...

4 comments:

JTapp said...

It sounds like something you'd see Ned Flanders' kids playing.

There are several screen shots with soldiers killing meandering unarmed civilians. And I assume that's how the game is supposed to be played. Yikes.

Joshua "Doc" Wible said...

Sweet game... I'm guessing its like GTA for Christians. But it will be sad if there are no "rainbows and ponies" in it. I would love to be shooting ponies with my "Jesus Beam" while riding the rainbow to Heaven drinking my Jim Beam.

Patriot Action said...

I ditto Josh.

Greatmoose said...

"Jesus Beam." Funniest thing I have ever read. Period.