Monday, April 30, 2007

My Second AMV. The Dork Returns!

Or something. Anyway, I have completed my second AMV (or at least attempted to). I think this one is an improvement over the previous one. There's a few inexplicable video flubs (just flashes of video junk), I don't know what happened as it looked fine in storyboard layout. Thankfully, there's only like three that I can see. Anyway, using my experience with the first video, I was able to focus a bit more on editing, timing, and overall quality.

About this video:
This is the first in a 3-part series of videos detailing the three main characters of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. Each video focuses on a specific character; Rei, Asuka, and Shinji. Each video is soundtracked by an Alter Bridge song that fits each personality (I hope). All three videos should tie together to hopefully tell a story.

The first video is of Rei Ayanami. This was the most difficult video of the trio, mainly because Rei does not display much emotion, and she's not flashy. In short, she stands around a lot and whispers. I did my best to pull as much character as possible out of the clips. She is a fascinating character, and I hope this video does her justice. A slight content warning: there's some brief PG-13 nudity, so if that sort of thing offends you,eh, not much I can do about that (hey, it's animated. Relax.)

The music is "Down To My Last" by Alter Bridge. Pretty good little song, maybe a little "rock-ier" than some of you might like, but the words are the key. At a few points they can be a bit hard to understand, not because of the instruments, but simply the lead singer has a slightly odd accent on some of the words. If you need clarification, just let me know. Anyhoo, give it a look-see, and let me know what you think. Oh, and if you have time, go over to the youtube page and rate it. Enjoy!

No comments: