Monday, May 07, 2007

Part 2 Of My AMV Series: Asuka

OK, here's part 2 of the series I started a few weeks ago. I'm learning a LOT with each video I do. I hope they're getting better, and I really hope you guys are enjoying them.

Anyway, this is the second in a 3-part series of videos detailing the three main characters of the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. Each video focuses on a specific character; Rei, Asuka, and Shinji. Each video is soundtracked by an Alter Bridge song that fits each personality. All three videos should tie together to hopefully tell a story.

This second video is of Asuka Langley Soryu. This for me, was the most fun video of the three, as Asuka is my favorite character in the series. The difficulty for me in this was to narrow down the footage, and make good decisions as to what to include. I did my best to stay away from some of the "Asuka AMV" cliches, but some are avoidable, as the footage is so good. Anyway, I hope this is a worthy character study, and a fitting tribute to everyone's favorite (or not) fiery red-headed german.

This video may be a little darker in tone than the others, but Asuka's story is a horribly sad one. This video also includes some footage from the ending movie End of Evangelion. The animation of EoE is just stunning (although youtube kinda kills it). You can download a much higher quality version of all my videos at animemusicvideos.org.

The music is again by Alter Bridge, in this cae Shed My Skin. At first, I didn't like the song, but once I listened to it all the way through, I fell in love with it. The tone change at the end is just fantastic. And it fits Asuka's (SPOILER ALERT) last stand to a "T". Hope you enjoy it.

Slight content warning: some disturbing images

No comments: