Wednesday, December 08, 2010

My Friends, THIS is the power of the internet

In response to several companies buckling to pressure from the government to help censor WikiLeaks, Mastercard, paypal, and a host of others have come under attack by hackers (labelled "Anonymous" (as in a proper-noun) by the media, which is hilarious. They truly do NOT understand technology). It's a long story, but a picture is worth a thousand words:


Folks, this is a big deal. "The internet" has had enough of the "government", and they are fighting back. Sure, Julian Assange is a colossal douchecanoe, but I can't fault what he's doing with WikiLeaks. It's time to call .gov on it's BS. Truly, we live in interesting times.

1 comment:

Justin D. Tapp said...

I can see attacking .gov, but I can't get attacking private companies. If I own a company I should have the right to buy/sell from whoever I wish. I think Mastercard has a right not to offer services to wikileaks and whoever else they don't want to do business with. What the hackers are saying is "you have to do what WE want you to do, not what YOU want to do. Might makes right." This is problematic.