Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So, been gone awhile...again.

But, I've got some cool stuff to share with you over the next few days.  First, new TV shows!

OK, so I rarely get very excited about new TV shows unless they are on cable channels (HBO, FX, etc...), but there's a pair of shows coming to NBC that look amazing.

First and most importantly, we have Awake. I won't tell you what it's about until after you watch the trailer:



It literally had me tear up about 2/3 of the way through.  This show looks WAAAAY too good to be on network TV, much less on NBC.

Second, we have Grimm.  This one looks kind of like Supernatural with a larger budget.



Still, could be pretty cool if done right.

2 comments:

Justin D. Tapp said...

I think probably no way Awake makes it on NBC, seems way to emotionally intense and serious and probably hard to get into without being there from the beginning. It sorta reminds me of Life on Mars, which I thought was a fantastic show but got canned.

It would fly on HBO for a season, where they'd be okay with it not being the most-watched show on television but that rarely flies on NBC--Friday Night Lights the rare exception.

Greatmoose said...

Good point. NBC seems to think every single show in their line-up has to be ER with it's mid-90's ratings. Heck, maybe we'll get lucky and the Awake folks only intend for it to be a season or two anyway. Doubtful...