Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Da Vinci Code Watch

So far, The Da Vinci Code is scoring a big, fat, hairy ZERO on the Tomatometer. Notable are the reviews from HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, and VARIETY, the two publications most likely to give this movie undue praise. Instead, they say:

"A jumble of historical myth, religious symbology and international thriller-action makes for an unwieldy, bloated melodrama."--Hollywood Reporter


And:

"An oppressively talky film that isn't exactly dull, but comes as close to it as one could imagine with such provocative material."--Variety


And the movie got LAUGHED at and booed at CANNES, of all places! I will watch this closely to see what develops. I can't say I'm surprised though.

1 comment:

Patriot Action said...

I'm not "boycotting" this movie, I just have no interest in seeing it. Just like how I'm not seeing MI3 because I'm tired of seeing Tom Cruise's face. When he starts eating the placenta on screen, maybe I'll go watch that.