Thursday, September 04, 2008

Homerun!

Mrs. Palin's speech last night was spectacular. I won't repost the whole thing, but I think she scored some major points, adn really got some waning republicans fired up. My faovite part of the speech? This total pwnage:

"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."




Did I just get SCHOOLED on national TV?

1 comment:

JTapp said...

Yep, pretty powerful. I just read it, heard the excerpts on NPR this morning, the reporters seemed dazzled.

I'm curious what the polls will say on Saturday.