Thursday, June 07, 2007

Finally! Part 3 Of My AMV Series Is Complete!

Took me for-farking-ever to finish, but it's finally done. After a much too long delay, here is the final installment in my Children of Evangelion series. This video is of Shinji Ikari. This was more difficult than the others, as Shinji is so integral to the story that any story about him must include the other characters. I did what I could to show how he is central to Asuka and Rei's (and Misato too, of course) stories, and how it all revolves around him. Shinji, as much as he tries to avoid it, is the "hero" of NGE. Sure, he's a whiny dork, but his heart is in the right place. He's really pretty cool when you get down to it. Anyway, I tried a few new techniques this time, I hope it looks OK.

The song is "Open Your Eyes" by Alter Bridge, and it features what is quite possibly one of the best guitar solos ever recorded. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. My next video will be quite a bit different, not so action oriented, and quite a bit more mellow (I think). Let me know what you think!

Sort of content warning: Possibly disturbing images, religious images. It is, after all, about the end of the world. Cheers!



Here's the other parts:
Part 1 - Rei
Part 2 - Asuka

4 comments:

JTapp said...

That was pretty tight. Definitely the best one you've done so far, I think.

Greatmoose said...

Thanks, J! I appreciate that. I'm doing my best to improve on each one. We'll see...

Joshua "Doc" Wible said...

Nice work Andrew. I have no idea what was going on, but you did a great job.

Greatmoose said...

The end of the world, my friend. The end of the world...